Thursday, June 4, 2015

Comfy Casual

Several years ago, I joined a business scheme that jumped on the beauty, health and wellness bandwagon – it being the next trillion dollar industry as predicted. I'm no business savvy but I did believe the products and saw the trend coming. What I didn’t expect though is for the industry to become big that it crept on several aspects of consumer life including the apparel category. But what do I know then? An advertising company has just recently published a list of Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands and the result is quite surprising. In the list, the sports brand Nike claimed the #1 spot in apparel category beating out the other most-loved brands like Zara and H&M among others. Wow. This really says a lot about the activewear trend being more than just a fad.

Will I really prefer Nike over H&M? Well, gym rats like me for sure love the brand but cost-wise, the latter has much cheaper offerings which would provide me with something more to use in my 3 to 4 times a week schedule. Further research informed me that this activewear trend has inspired a lot of people to get back to the gym - seeing an increased result in gym memberships and renewed interests in sports. Well, if that is the case then I'm all for it. But will this really change the way women dress forever? * gasp* I hope not. Lol.

Recently though, Nike got me with their recent silhouette - the Roshe Run. I have been looking forever for black kicks that would really look good when I'm wearing leggings in the gym and these babies simply made the cut. Again, this is my fourth sneaker investment after joining myself the athleisure trend. But will I be wearing this more often than my pumps and strappy heels? Nooooooooooooooo. Of course not. This has been so far the only time I wore this at work - when a sneakerhead friend/ co-worker wanted me to wear it. The cushioning is perfect - I so love it for dancing and it would pretty much be abused that way. ;)



Top: Mango; Skirt: Unbranded; Bag: Marks & Spencer
Sunnies: Aldo; Shoes: Nike



No comments:

Post a Comment