Thursday, June 11, 2015

Rain Boots!

Not only is June known as a wedding month, the rising temperatures of its days also heralds the start of rainy season in the Philippines. Pag-asa,a local institution for weather forecasts, has just reported to expect the wet season from the second week of this month and I’m pretty sure that we’ve all felt it by this time.

I would understand that it’s not for everybody but I love myself a heavy downpour especially when you just can’t take the humidity anymore. Yes, I’m a pluviophile. While it’s easy to list down all the disadvantages a rainy day brings, I’d rather not justify the reason why. It’s just the feeling that comes along with it. I guess it must be true love. Lol!


After seeing a lot of my beloved flats drown in Manila flood, guess you can say it took time for me to work on my rainwear couture. Lol.  But I found my “long-term solution” last year when I found these babies at Payless. Ideally, my perfect rainboots would have to be the Hunter Wellies (oh in red, please!). While these may not be made of vulcanized rubber, the amazing price I got it for (Php 700 or 16 USD) doesn’t give me the slightest regret if I use it again and again for rainy days. The cushioning is good that I even used it once for a dancing gig. Not bad isn’t it? J


Dress: Mango; Scarf: Mango; Leggings: Forever21; Shoes: Payless
Specs: Flea market in Osaka; Bag: Pedro; Coat: Unbranded

No comments:

Post a Comment