Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Neckline Du Jour

You know a trend has become a wardrobe essential when a year after you've blogged about it (as seen here), it is still going incredibly strong. I'm talking about the trend that emphasizes the shoulders as the new erogenous zone - the off-shoulder. And what's even better is that, different styles have emerged since then. Since its debut, the craze has evolved to different silhouettes, each of which is just as stylish as the others. 

So when I saw this post about the different types of off-shoulder, I couldn't help but reflect how far have I gotten in uhmm collecting the different styles, lol! But after a careful inspection of a year worth of personal styling, I realized that I have improvised a bit to comply with the other categories of this top as seen below. You can compare my list with the original post as seen here. ;)

Here are the different types of off-shoulder top for this summer season:

Straight Across. 

Top: Zalora; Pants: Dorothy Perkins; Hat: H&M; Bag: Balenciaga

Top: Zalora; Pants: Topshop; Shoes: Mango; Bag: Aldo

Asymmetric.


Dress: Warehouse; Skirt: Unbranded; Shoes: Bebe; Bag: Dorothy Perkins

Full Sleeves.

Top: Zara; Pants/ Shoes: H&M; Belt: Mango

Dress/ Shoes: Zara (also here); Skirt: Unbranded

MAKESHIFT SERIES

Subtle exposure. For this one, I tried to make an off-shoulder top by loosening up buttons of my brother's buttondown and pulling the collar lower at the back :P



Top: Topman; Skirt: Topshop; Shoes: Zalora

One shoulder. In here, I raised the other sleeve up to make a one-shoulder effect. 


Top: Unbranded; Pants: The Ramp; Belt/ Shoes: Mango


Cold shoulder. To make the cold shoulder effect, I layered an off-shoulder crop top in my LBD to produce that tiny skin display as seen in some styles recently.


Top: Topshop; Dress: Unbranded; Shoes: Miss Selfridge

No comments:

Post a Comment