Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Sheer Me Out

Excuse my ignorance but when the bestie was asking on the phone whether the hotel we're staying at is the place called Army and Navy club, I said I don’t think so letting her drove past the stately white structure while I sit comfortably in our elegant room waiting for her. Lol.

Okay, so maybe the bellboy did orient me on the future grand plans of this boutique hotel when I checked in but never once did he tell me about the rich history of the place. Shame. But nothing a little research won’t solve, right?

So, Rizal Park Hotel is the exact spot where The Manila Army and Navy Club (built between 1910 and 1911) once stood. It used to be a national historic landmark and a glamorous enclave for American military officers and their wives/ families during the colonial era. This national heritage was abandoned 30 years ago (see? there goes my excuse) and restoration only started four years ago to turn it into a 5-star hotel/ heritage building.

Phase 1 of restoration is already completed as you can see in my previous post. But a quick tour around the ongoing construction for Phase 2 told me that there would be more than just the luxe interiors and copious use of arches in the lobby - there's gonna be an infinity pool overlooking the Manila Bay, a gym with lifetime membership, sky bar, fisherman’s wharf and everything would be completed by the end of this year. How exciting knowing that the place is just about 5 km away from our place :D

So, pictures taken here using this Zaful cover-up are on the infinity pool to be (see that panoramic view of Manila Bay?) and the still ongoing setup of alfresco coffee bar. As for my outfit, again got a new swimwear and a sheer cover-up on a rainy season? No problem. The cover-up worn here was styled ala-Coachella. After all, summer music festivals are still happening right about now in LA. :P

Sheer Cover Up







Sunnies: Here; Jacket/ Belt: Topshop; Shoes: Mango

1 comment: